Sunday, October 18, 2009

a tryst with the Blogging

Just the last day before our Diwali vacations, I was standing with my friend, a very beautiful but married girl. She suggested me to write blogs as even she is planning to do so. It made me smile, not because I thought she is stupid to think I can blog, but because I always had that desire to write my blogs but never had the courage. I was afraid that my language will make me look stupid, I was afraid that people will say 'style maar raha hai' and will laugh at me.Therefore, I never blogged and gave myself an excuse that blogging is a gimmick by celebrities and all free-fokut people. Later that day, I lost a prestigious competition- thanks to my poor command over language.

That loss made me introspect and I realized that the root cause of my not winning the competition was not my language but my fear of 'sounding' stupid.
And its not just the blogging which scares me. Now a days I don't volunteer to speak publicly because I'm afraid that my bad communication skills will whitewash the aura of intelligence in front of my juniors.

In my life I've taken some bold decisions (not taking admissions in Delhi during my graduation or taking admission in a new college despite scoring 97 %ile in CAT). These decisions were very big from my career point of view. But the fact that I took those decisions with full courage, they always paid-off. Alas! all these days my decisions were reflecting my apprehensions.
But it is never too late to undo something. Today I'm volunteering to write a blog and I'll keep on volunteering to do every possible thing in future as there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.
I'm celebrating my first Diwali with my brand new laptop, it couldn't have been better than this.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Bharat,
    great post!

    It feel very good to read your blog.
    Great! keep it up. I think that start blogging is good but to maintaining the blog is more challenging.

    Many times I thought to start blog but I got stuck that what to write. I have fear of poor communication skill.

    But your communication skill is very good.

    Regards,
    Hulesh Sahu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hulesh
    I know its tough to maintain blogs but I'll make sure I update my blogs asap.
    Thankx 4 the comment. U'r the first 1. I vil remember u always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir,
    i will talk in points.....
    (1)it was nice to read your blog.
    (2)i appriciate your efforts.
    (3)be regular
    (4)make long term relationships

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bharat great yaar realy wonderful to read this blog . It seems that this blog is "straight from the gut" .And thanx for making me realise that it is never late to concieve things in life but only this is sooner u identify and sooner u r successful . all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dear,
    Every body is applauding you, but, I want you to think on certain points.
    1) What is that in you, that I should invest my time in reading your blog? I mean that, are you some great personality like a CEO of Mckinsey India (Which Insha Allah you can be some day).
    2) Is that so, that you are writing a blog just to satisfy your ego need. What I think is that today, it is the time for us to take part in various discussion forums, get knowledge. Then when we have a concrete experience then start blogging. Just a question, How many times have you blogged on economist website?

    Now coming on to the writing mistakes in your blog...(as per me)

    1)Therefore I never blogged and gave myself an excuse that blogging is a gimmick by celebrities and all free-fokut people ..... therefore,

    2) Later that day I lost a prestigious competition- thanks to my poor command over language.......later that day, I lost a prestigious competition!

    3) Alas, all these days my decisions were reflecting my apprehensions.....Alas!

    Hey dear, I am not writing anything to hurt you, It's all what I felt and hence thought to share it with you. I know the reasons of your blogging and I am confident that they are all noble.

    Thanks, for writing such a wonderful blog. I am also planning to do that for many years, hence the story is just like yours the only missing factors are a beautiful married girl, the economist competition.
    I Wish you great success in life.

    Regards,
    Chimpi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now thats like "MY KING". Awesome boss... too good.
    Really proud of you.
    Wish you all the success in life.lage raho
    All the best

    Regards
    Pallavi Tyagi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear,

    The courage showed by, to accept the ups and downs of own life in a public forum is remarkable. This is your
    differentiator which will take you to great height.

    Practice makes a man perfect. Start speaking. It will help you more in initial phase, then go for blogging.

    You can cover 'The Economist' topics in your blog. It will help you to

    1- Gain confidence

    2- Working parallel both on your strong & weak points

    3- Increase no. of clicks for “The King”

    4- Gain fame

    My story is almost same. Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good
    Taking Initiative is good in life but the point is to maintain it
    Great and keep writing
    god give u all the happiness in this world

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..that was straight from heart!! needs lots of guts to admit one's flaws publicly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I lost a prestigious competition- thanks to my poor command over language." you spoke pretty well buddy. Everything in life has some or other associated opportunity cost. Lets try to forget what is gone as it is not coming again in the same form! I too faced a tough time on a different perspective pertaining to the opportunity cost.

    Again dear you have already come a long way from what you were a year ago..... your achievements are testimonials to that......
    so Enjoy the moment in hand to the fullest....

    Just Jagrat

    ReplyDelete